Saturday, October 25, 2008

London Town

A timely reminder from 5am in the morning in what is in effect my home town. After 4 years directly and pretty much my whole life indirectly around this place I've finally realised what I am going to miss most about London - that is when I bail like most half-sensible people....

....namely that I shall always miss the opportunity of walking across a great city from top to bottom just to get home. To know where you're heading (more or less). To never really feel threatened. In a nutshell to feel at home transversing one of the true metropolises of this world and simply love doing it. After a good hour and a half's walk to finally cross Waterloo bridge and stare at the unique view. Savouring it. Lapping it up. 4.45 am, yourself and the view.

Glorious and to be most decidedly missed!

No comments: