Sunday, October 19, 2008

CAPE TOWN

I have departed and my time in Africa is no more....for now. From the confines of Dubai's very boring airport a quick note on a very special place...

Cape Town...

High expectations totally blown away. A place of many negatives, but as far as I could gauge superlative positives. In short, I fell for the place. The people, the vistas, the attitude and of course Table Mountain. That monstrous jutt of rock that looms over the city in a way that it quite simply should not. It is imposing and unreal. It has to be seen to be believed.

To going to bed at 6 with a final Jaeger in hand and waking up at 12 with another waiting. To trekking up Lions Head and being greeted with views beyond views. To zooming to Camp's bay in a random's sports car and watching the sun fall from the African sky for the final time. To the accompanying mojito. To sharks, the Atlantic and the Pacific. To fun. To attitude and the people I met. To dancing bare foot and chilling on a Long Street balcony.

A place to which I must return.

More later....soon...

No comments: