Friday, August 04, 2006

Sea Snakes, Sand and Samsong

Yes, today I am in Ko Phi Phi, one of the most beautiful islands on this planet, diving, soaking up rays and using beer and buckets to mentally prepare me for the inevitably imminent finality of this set of travels in just 3 days. That thought sends shivers down my spine which is slightly satisfying due to its interaction with a mild case of sunburn on my back.

Immanency, finality, flights, home, work, flat-hunting, more work, rain, cold....the prospect of English life I find a bit daunting. Good things and bad things, great things and dull things it will all soon be my home again.

I am just going to have to content myself with the fact I saw three of the most poisonous objects on earth within a few minutes of each other (sea snake, lion fish and freaky starfish) and that a couple more days with the above view awaits...not a hard life but certainly a contemplative one.

Off to Carpe Diem as tales of islands in the Mekong, waterfalls, fevers, hospitals and sharks await another day for their telling!!

No comments: